As you might know, my little man has a lot of food allergies/anaphylaxis so giving him treats can be hard.
Last week we had the day together and decided to do some baking.
I thought I’d share the recipe for anyone else who has food restrictions. The cake was delicious with a subtle lemon flavour and Mr 5 loved it as well as the rest of the family.
2 Cups Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
2 Cups of Desiccated Coconut
1 and 1/2 Cups of Raw Sugar (processed into caster sugar)
1 Tin (440g) Coconut Milk
Half a Lemon Squeezed
Approx 3/4 Cup Icing Sugar
Approx 180g Nutalex Butter
1. Milled the Raw Sugar in my Bellini Thermo Cooker/Processor to get it to a castor sugar consistency
2. Then peel the lemon and chop or food process the rid into tiny pieces.
3. Mix all ingredients together – Sugar, Flour, Coconut, Coconut Milk and Lemon
4. Line and grease a spring form cake tin and smooth the mixture into it.
5. Bake for 45min at 180degrees C.
6. Mix the Icing Sugar ingredients together and place into a piping bag with a ‘flower’ attachment.
7. Once the cake as baked and cooled I piped the icing starting from the outside and going in circles right to the middle.
The cake is quite dense so you only need small pieces.
I’d love to see if you try out the recipe, please tag me in your photos on instagram!